Thursday, April 14, 2011

Distraction...yet again

Well I  managed to get absolutely no costume related things done yesterday.  I spent a good 5 hours painting and managed to finish the primer and get the first coat on half of the ceiling.  Hopefully I can finish that up tonight so I can start on the pretty blue (called Port-au-Prince).  I can't stand to look at dirty plaster with spackling covering all the nail holes and cracks anymore.  I want COLOR!

The upside of not doing any sewing for myself yesterday, I've almost managed to get one of my mom's birthday socks done...almost a week late.  Eeek.  Better late than never.  Oh and Charlie was good as gold which is always a bonus.

Today seems to be going the same direction as yesterday though.  I've done no costuming, I did think about it though.  Mostly while I was attacking the blackberries that are encroaching from the swamp by our house.  Yet another thing that makes me sad, to see a perfectly good yard suffer neglect and blackberries move right on in.  I know it's not always possible to keep up on things, but I am going to make a concerted effort to never let our lovely little house get like that again.  I've got a good portion of the easily accessible ones cut now.  Problem is that it opens up the chicken wire fence and all the problems with that to Charlie.  And believe me, he does like to go exploring.  Hopefully I'll be able to start fixing things up though and make the yard safer for him.

And now, off to do some painting while I try to distract the puppy at the same time.  Then maybe I can start on some sewing stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment