Friday, May 20, 2011

History FAIL

I made one today and I felt horrible.  Since I do not have appropriate footwear for 1852 I've been wearing a pair of little ballet flats (hey better than tennis shoes, right?).  Well today I was in such a rush to get going at work that I didn't bother to roll up my pants, put on a petticoat, and I forgot my shoes.  I felt bad none-the-less though.  Mostly because last weekend when I was sitting on a rock reading I was snickering into my book about a few women that only half-assed their outfits. Fortunately I'm getting enough hours now that I can actually continue on with making an appropriate outfit for work.

Which brings me to the real point of writing this.  Has anyone ever seen photos of or heard of a work dress for 1850-52 that had short sleeves?  I'm trying to be as accurate as possible and still maintain the ease of being able to do my job.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, we all do it from time to time, so don't feel bad.

    ReplyDelete