Thursday, July 11, 2013

Skirts

Navy blue wool gabardine pencil skirt (even though it looks black in the crappy photo with the webcam) and lovely matching Hard Rock Cafe t-shirt
 Got the skirt done tonight!  The emerald green cotton one just needs a zipper, waist facing, and a hem now.  First two pieces in my new wardrobe...sort of.  It's hard to imagine that this skirt used to be a 12th century bliaut that I made for SCA and never wore anywhere.  I've got a lot of pieces like that.  Tons of red/gold decorating fabric that might make a really  nice vintage style coat for this winter perhaps?  There's going to be a lot of button up shirts, dresses, skirts, and "modern" clothing being made in the immediate future.

Did I mention that I'm going to get some patterns for jeans this week and try to tackle that?  I've never been so excited about sewing clothes before.
I'm quite happy with the result

Huge improvement

No comments:

Post a Comment